Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Stuffy nose

So I've been a stuffy nose every day around late afternoon, eveningish. It's so bad that I have a hard time breathing comfortably at night, thus I don't sleep well. I've tried everything! I've taken allergy medicine, mucinex, sudafed, saline solution,a humidifier (although it's a cold one, not one with hot steam), and even that nose spray that you can't use for more than three days (that works great, but I can't use it anymore). Any suggestions? I'm really desperate. :)
-Tiffany

5 comments:

Steph said...

Hmmmm, have you tried a sinus irrigator? You can get them at the drug store. It's saline solution in a squirt bottle. You bend your head over the sink and squirt the water up your nose and the water goes from one nostril and out the other. Gross, I know, but it worked for me in December when I had a super stuffy nose! It takes several tries, but it clears up in a couple days. Try it! It's pretty cheap too.

Melanie said...

I had a cold like that a month or so ago, and then it turned into an ear infection (my second this year). I had to get antibiotics for it. By the way, the cold mist humidifiers are better than the warm steam--they are less prone to growing things! At least that's what the girls' pediatrician says.

Michael Harris said...

hmmm.... no clue

Julie Adams said...

I'll second Steph's irrigation suggestion. It worked for me after I could no longer use Afrin (the stuff that you can't use longer than 3 days). It took longer, but my sinuses cleared up. Also, you can watch hilarious demo videos on YouTube if you search for "neti pot." Try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sDIbRAXlg

Ha ha! You don't actually have to get a neti pot; I just used a squeezable plastic bottle with a nozzle. Good luck!

Amy H. said...

Put lots of tabasco sause in your food. I will burn the stuffyness right out. ;)