Monday, October 6, 2008

Help

So, I need help. I need ideas for stories for my creative writing class. I can't think of anything good. I've hit writer's block. :(

6 comments:

Michael Harris said...

Do you have any other parameters?

Michelle Glauser said...

http://www.creativewritingprompts.com/

In my creative writing class last year, we all seemed to end up writing about old people who did nothing but think of their old memories. Hmm.

Julie Adams said...

Does it have to be fiction? Maybe you could just describe in very great detail something very mundane, like your navel, or big toe, or your sofa, or something like that.

Michael Harris said...

You could describe emotions while trying to learn to play a song on the guitar. Or maybe describe the contrasting thought processes of a girl and a guy on a date that respond to different signals that they interpret differently?

Tiffany said...

It has to be a story, with tension and a solid ending. I like the date idea.

Steph said...

So, I had this pretty awesome dream the other night where I would go back in time to different eras and rescued slaves in different parts of the world. I had a different horse for each time, so my sidekick (yes, of course I had a sidekick)would go off and would exchange my horse for one that would fit the time period. You should write a story about that...Or maybe I just need a professional to analyze it. :)