Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Recent Fun Times



So here are some pictures of the last couple of weeks. I apologize that some of them are repeats from Stephanie's post; I'm going to put this slideshow on Mike and mine's blog as well for my family to see, so I included all of them.

We had a great time with Stephanie here!! Mike and I (ok, pretty much me, but Mike of course accompanied me) pooped out partway through the day on the 4th because of the heat, but Stephanie, Scott, and Mike Jensen really made quite the day of it! Needless to say, we all had blisters by the end of the weekend, but it was well worth all of the fun things we got to see.

No baby news yet. I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow, so we'll see what they say, but so far, things don't seem to be changing much except to be getting a little more trying :). Mike and I spent last night on the couch (it's large and L-shaped, so it worked) because I had such bad acid reflux that I was waking up every ten minutes choking on it, so I had to sit up to fall asleep. We had gone to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner with some of his co-workers, and I got this delicious hamburger that was literally 7 inches thick (with double burgers, bacon, etc.); don't worry, I didn't eat it all. Usually as long as I take some antacids, I'm ok, but not so last night. Needless to say, I'm putting myself on a strict diet of bland foods until Jack decides it's time to come out. Anyway, I feel very blessed to have such a sweet husband that will sleep out on the couch with me when I'm sick; I don't know how I got so lucky.

Thank you everyone for your support and prayers over the last few months as we've gotten ready for this baby. You've made the process a lot less scary! Who knows, maybe our next post will be baby pictures!

3 comments:

Don Harris said...

Great post! I hope, for your sake Becca, that the next post is the baby picture. But you definitely don't look like you're having twins! You look just right for being 8.5 months pregnant with a big boy!

Steph said...

I tried the Laura Bush thing...and I think just maybe it worked! I love your captions to the pictures, and no, you really don't look like you're having twins, just nine months pregnant. It was so fun to see your pictures because they were from a different perspective than mine - especially the one of my backside. That's one picture I couldn't have gotten on my own. Blah :)

Julie Adams said...

Bummer about the heartburn! Just think of all the calcium you've been getting in those Tums.