I am just amazed no one was hurt beyond 2nd degree burns. But talk about stupid, moving Calcium carbide anywhere NEAR water. The instant it touches water, it gives off acetylene gas, which burns hot! I think they used to use it in welders. I know they used it in miner's lamps. Thanks for posting Jeff! Amazing that the windows in "your" building didn't blow out.
5 comments:
Cool. Some powerful forces at work.
It's amazing that there weren't more serious injuries. I'm glad you weren't there during the explosion! The pics are cool, though.
Nice! I assume that the metal is not supposed to bend that way . . . . :)
I am just amazed no one was hurt beyond 2nd degree burns. But talk about stupid, moving Calcium carbide anywhere NEAR water. The instant it touches water, it gives off acetylene gas, which burns hot! I think they used to use it in welders. I know they used it in miner's lamps. Thanks for posting Jeff! Amazing that the windows in "your" building didn't blow out.
wow, that's crazy!
Post a Comment