Friday, March 14, 2008

The magical power of ultrasound

Well folks, it's official. This alien-esque, bowling ball I've got strapped to my stomach is a boy! I can't say as I'm surprised; Ockey daughters seem to only bear boys. I'm not disappointed though either; we're really excited to have our own little guy running around here (and from the way he was wiggling during the ultrasound, he's gonna be a fast mover!)!

We're working on names right now. Mike is coming up with all kinds of obnoxious, lumberjack-like names, such as Columbo or Trucko. He also just came up with Roger Strawbach Harris, after the subject of the legal memo he was writing at the time of conception and for which he later won an award. I'm using my motherly veto power on ALL of these! Luckily, I don't think he's serious. However, he is somewhat serious about giving the boy the middle name of Danger. Let's just say I've been shaking my head and rolling my eyes at him for the last few hours . . .

We are of course open to suggestions -- we've got some names that we like a lot, but we're not set on anything yet!

Thanks everyone for all of your excitement and support!!

5 comments:

Jeff said...

You could name him Danger Dave Harris. Then he would be named after his brother. And Danger could be his first name instead of his second. ;)

Julie Adams said...

Congratulations! My suggestion would be Ferris, as in Ferris Harris.

Steph said...

Yay, it's a boy! Name him Stephano Danger Harris. It's perfect! It would sound a little spanish, masculine AND he would be named in part after his soon to be favorite aunt. You have to admit, it's pretty cool. :)

Don Harris said...

Whatever his name, please let him go by his first name. A middle name of "DON" would be acceptable.

Becca said...

Great suggestions guys! I can't guarantee will use any of them, although Ferris Harris would surely be a hit!