Sunday, December 16, 2007

Arlington!

We took a little Sunday drive back to Arlington today. When we drove up to the house, the owner was standing out front with a leaf blower. When I asked if we could take a picture of the house, she asked if I was from the Harris family. It turns out that her husband knows Brother Wiest, or something, and that their son had stopped by when he was a missionary there. She was in a hurry, but she let me come inside for a minute or two and take a few pictures. It was pretty fun to see the house, and the current owners have done a lovely job with it. The owner didn't want me to get any pictures of the mess (I didn't think it was bad at all, but she was insistent) so there are just a few quick snaps. But it sure was fun to drive over those roads again! Hope you enjoy the pictures.



4 comments:

Jeff said...

Cool pictures! I bet it was cool going inside our old house. That's funny the lady knew our name. Is she a member of the Church?

Don Harris said...

I thought Jeff Weist told me that a friend of his (non-member) had bought our old house. John went by there and took a picture which he sent us. I'm so glad you were bold enough to go inside. The place looks great, even the deck. It was strong enough to hold the entire ward! Just think what that house would cost here in Utah.

Michael Harris said...

Thanks for posting these!!! too bad she didn't let you take more pictures. We will have to dig up some pictures of the house. I really want to show becca some more pictures

Steph said...

Wow, that was so fun! Thanks for posting those picture! It brings backa all those old memories...:)