Ryan had the day off yesterday, so we took a little day trip. Anyone remeber this place? Hint to my sibs: you've all been there. Wish we could be there for Thanksgiving!
Great pic. I do remember that it was in the Oklahoma Ozarks or something, but can't remember the name. Turner falls? Isn't it close to Arbuckle wilderness? I just remember the ads for that place on TV.
Turner Falls! Arbuckle mountains, just north of Ardmore, OK. Collected Woodford Shale samples near there about 3 weeks ago. Beautiful place. We will miss you this Holiday, but look forward to seeing you at Christmastime!
Yeah, it's Turner Falls, nestled in the heart of the Arbuckle "mountains." We passed Arbuckle Wilderness, and I thought of the old commercials on TV too. The falls are a lovely little spot, even if they aren't quite "Maui in Oklahoma," the way the park is advertised. But I remembered as much. After all, it would be pretty weird to find anything in Oklahoma that resembled Maui.
5 comments:
Great pic. I do remember that it was in the Oklahoma Ozarks or something, but can't remember the name. Turner falls? Isn't it close to Arbuckle wilderness? I just remember the ads for that place on TV.
Turner Falls! Arbuckle mountains, just north of Ardmore, OK. Collected Woodford Shale samples near there about 3 weeks ago. Beautiful place. We will miss you this Holiday, but look forward to seeing you at Christmastime!
I can't say as I remember that trip . . . :). But it looks like this one was fun! I like James' face he's making!
Yeah, it's Turner Falls, nestled in the heart of the Arbuckle "mountains." We passed Arbuckle Wilderness, and I thought of the old commercials on TV too. The falls are a lovely little spot, even if they aren't quite "Maui in Oklahoma," the way the park is advertised. But I remembered as much. After all, it would be pretty weird to find anything in Oklahoma that resembled Maui.
Post a Comment