12 years ago
Thursday, March 1, 2007
Sick Sick Sick dog
The other day, unbeknownst to anyone, Amber jumped up and grabbed a whole loaf of pumpkin/chocolate chip bread from off of the counter. When mom came in to cut some for her lunch, it was nowhere to be found. Then she noticed bits of plastic wrap and label on the floor and further investigation determined the culprit. If there was any doubt at the time, it was soon erased when Amber took sick over night, and had diarrhea and threw-up in the office, trying to get outside. Mom cleaned it up and Amy put Amber in her crate for the day. However, Amber got out of the insufficiently locked crate, and proceeded to mess up the entire ground floor of the house in the previous disgusting manner. When mom got home, with a full-blown migraine to boot, she despaired and called me. I came home, mom took Amber to the dog emergency room. I bought some rubber gloves, made two basins of lysol solution and scrubbed and cleaned for two hours, finishing it off with the spot steamer. Amber survived, the x-ray showed nothing, the bank account took a $200 hit, and the house is clean. We also took her to Dirty Johnson's Dog Wash and gave her a thorough scrubbing. Mom was there to make sure I didn't scrub her fur and skin off....Now she is beautiful and sweet smelling. However, I promised her that if it ever happened again, I was going to take her to the mountains for a little off-leash exercise, a la Hansel and Gretel. No pictures to go with this one, aren't you glad?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OH Man!!! I'm sorry, the stinks hard core!!
I don't think I will get a dog ever. What a pain. Sorry!!!!!
That is definitely gross! I am going to avoid dogs for a long while!
Post a Comment